Thursday, March 26, 2009

And Now... A Pattern!!


I really enjoyed making this and will probably be making more in the future. This one was made out of some SWTC "Amaizing" corn-fiber yarn that I had in my stash. I really want to try making it in
Knit Picks' CotLin yarn, though, for myself. From what I've heard, the CotLin would be great for some nice shower cloths and would show-off the stitches well. I really want to try the Sprout, Pomegranate, Planetarium, and Blackberry colors. ^_^



Mom's Shower Cloth

The main stitch pattern that I used in this cloth was one that I learned while making my Sense and Sensibility socks and is a variation of Eye-Of-Partrige. I modified it so that you could make use of the purl-bump pattern that appeared on the inside of the socks because I really thought both sides looked nice and deserved some attention.

There are a couple of techniques worth explaining before you begin your knitting...
Sl 1 YiF: Bring your yarn to the front of your work and slip the next stitch knit-wise. Bring the yarn to the back of your work before continuing to the next stitch.
SL 1 YiB: Bring your yarn to the back of your work and slip the next stitch knit-wise. Bring the yarn to the front of your work before continuing to the next stitch.

Pattern:
Cast-on 54 stitches. Knit 6 rows in garter stitch.

Begin stitch pattern:
Row 1: Knit 3, *K 1, Sl 1 YiF (repeat from * 12 times), *Purl 1, Sl 1 YiB (repeat from * 12 times), K 3.
Row 2: K 3, K 24, P 24, K 3.
Row 3: K 3, *Sl 1 YiF, K 1 (repeat from * 12 times), *Sl 1 YiB, P 1 (repeat from * 12 times), K 3.
Row 4: K 3, K 24, P 24, K 3.
Continue in pattern for 11 repeats.

Begin next stitch pattern:
Row 1: K 3, *P 1, Sl 1 YiB (repeat from * 12 times), *K 1, Sl 1 YiF (repeat from * 12 times), K 3.
Row 2: K 3, P 24, K 24, K 3.
Row 3: K 3, *Sl 1 YiB, P 1 (repeat from * 12 times), *Sl 1 YiF, K 1 (repeat from * 12 times), K 3.
Row 4: K 3, P 24, K 24, K 3.
Continue in pattern for 10 repeats plus rows 1-3.

Knit 6 rows in garter stitch. Bind off and weave in ends.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thank you for sharing your pattern! I am eager to give it a try :)