Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Book Review: Knitting the Threads of Time

Knitting the Threads of Time: Casting Back to the Heart of Our Craft Knitting the Threads of Time: Casting Back to the Heart of Our Craft by Nora Murphy


My rating: 1 of 5 stars
I actually just had to call it quits on this book. I couldn't stand reading it anymore because of the author's voice and personal views that are constantly re-hashed over and over throughout.

Nora Murphy did her homework on the history of textiles, but the way that she twines actual history with how she perceives the craft of knitting drove me crazy. Apparently, we have very different interpretations of the craft and the world around us and I just couldn't stand to pick up the book after the chapter about how much she enjoys and respects her period. Sorry, but I just don't get enjoyment out of reading about how she can link her monthly cycle to knitting and it's history. No thank you.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: