Thursday, November 19, 2009

Book Review: Plum Pudding Murder

Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swensen Mystery, Book 12) Plum Pudding Murder by Joanne Fluke


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Last February, when I started working at Barnes & Noble "Cream Puff Murder" (Hannah Swensen Mystery, Book 11) had just been released and we had it everywhere in the store. The cover was so pretty that I kept meaning to read it, but never took the plunge. Then, we got in the newest addition to the series and I had to pick it up. The series just looked like a nice fun entry into the mystery genre. I mean, really, even if the story itself hadn't been that great, you at least got all the fun recipes that the book is loaded with. Win, win, right?

I'm really glad that I picked up Plum Pudding Murder and I'm planning on getting the other books in the series soon. The bite-sized chapters make these easy to read books perfect to pick-up and breeze through while I'm on break at work or if I just have a few minutes here and there. Some of the lines that the characters use seem corny at times and slightly unrealistic for any actual person to use, but they really seem to fit Joanne Fluke's writing style so they don't feel too out of place.

All in all, I really enjoyed this as a nice break from some of the more serious reading that I've been doing lately and will be recommending the series to anyone who loves baking, coffee, and needs a quick break from time to time.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: