Monday, December 22, 2008

Have I been busy!!

Oof, I thought that I would be able to get on here more, but I've just been so busy with Christmas knitting that I really haven't done anything else. I've only got my sister's and dad's to finish and then I have to start my mom's if I have time. I do have another gift for her, though, so if her's isn't finished by Christmas, it may be a New Year's gift. She'll still love it, right?

I started and finished Robert's Christmas Scarf last week and I just love how it turned-out!! Tomorrow I'm going to try to get some pictures of it before I wrap it up. This is one that I just improvised after I got the yarn. Originally, I thought that I could get away with just a simple blue (#0133) garter-stitch scarf for him, but I just didn't like how it was turning-out. So that idea was ripped-out and replaced with a simple checkerboard pattern of knits and purls for the body of the scarf... then I ran out of yarn. Back to the yarn store I went and bought the same yarn (Plymouth Yarn - Jelli Beenz) in red (#1386). I switched to a double seed stitch for the last 16 rows then took out the blue cast-on stitches so that I could work the same design in red on that end. I finished the whole thing with fringe in the red and few blue scraps that I had left and it's just perfect for little Mr. Robert.

^_^

(I promise I'll post pictures and a pattern as soon as possible.)

No comments: