Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Socks = Love!!

Yay!! My February Socks are now complete!



Here is what they look like all knit up and awaiting seaming.



These are what made this pair of socks so easy to work on everywhere: 6" Size 0 (US) DPNs with a couple of tiny rubber-bands wrapped around one end. Kind of a set of do-it-yourself mini straight needles.


I didn't encounter may problems with this pattern, but I do have a couple corrections:

Page 101, under "Upper Toe", step 3 should say:
3) Rep rows 1 & 2 until 14 (14, 16, 16, 18, 18) sts rem.

Page 102, under "Gusset Heel", step 2 should say:
2) Row 1 (RS): (star) sl 1, k1 (star), rep from (star) to (star) across

Page 103, under "Lower Toe", step 3 should say:
3) Rep rows 1 & 2 until 14 (14, 16, 16, 18, 18) sts rem.

Note:
The corrections to pages 101 & 103 are meant as clarification to the somewhat confusing directions. You're working over an even number of stitches and are instructed to use a 2-stitch decrease every-other row. For certain sizes, though, you are expected to reach an odd number of stitches before you switch to decreasing every row. I've just changed the stitch count to better mirror with the increased decreases in step 6 of the same sections.

Also, these corrections are of my own design and have yet to be approved by Laura Chau. Please be sure to check her official errata page for her corrections.



I've started another new project:


It looks very similar to another recent project, no? This one isn't for me, though. My mom's poor dog, Jaques, has been affected very much by they're recent move and is (in my opinion) in need of some comforting. Jaques is a tiny-toy-poodle who is about 8 years old and has only ever lived in one place since we got him. He is very much a home-body, who is content to just laze about on a pillow or someone's coat all day without the need for any attention. This all changed with the move. To me, he seems like he is very confussed and lost at the new place. He is always attached to somebody as though he doesn't want to be left alone in this strange new world of his.

I resolved to knit him a bed. Jaques loves to burrow and make little nests in whatever he is lying in. It needed to be something that could move around and allow for his "nesting", but wouldn't take up much space in the laundry room (aka: Jaques' room). Also, it had to be in a neutral color to placate my dad. I didn't want to spend a ton on the yarn since the bed will be for the dog and who knows what he'll do with it, so I'm using a ball of Caron One Pound on size 5 needles and just knitting around and around. I wanted it to be in the round because he should be less likely to snag his nails in the stitches with all the purl bumps inside the tube. It's kinda slow-going, but I don't mind all the knit stitches because I can watch movies at the same time very easily. I'll post the pattern once I have it finished.



I've got one last highlight for today (overdue, though, it is):


No comments: